Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chicago

Last week, my family and I went to Chicago for some doctor meeting thing my mom had to go to.
The following is my sloppy recollection of that trip.

Things I Wanted To Do In Chigago:
1) ride a Segway. (did it.)
2) visit the Clandestine Industries factory store
3) go to Six Flags
4) see the Dark Knight in IMAX
5) go to Urban Outfitters
6) buy Andy Warhol poster
7) see Nine Inch Nails at Lollapalooza

One out of seven.
Way to go, mom.

My trip consisted of countless HORRIBLY dull museums, embarrasing tours, and wishing i could go to Lollapalooza.
On the third night, however, we took the train (crazy) to another town for a concert of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra playing the music of John Williams.
(he wrote the music for the harry potter movies, the indiana jones moves, E.T, sta wars, and probably more) That was prertty fun.

Basically the highlight of my trip was when we rented Segways.
Segways are these crazy, 2-wheeled scooters that you move by shifting your weight to your toes to go forward, and your heels to stop.
We rode them through the town and got laughed at by locals, but I didn't care because it was crazy fun. At a whopping speed of 12.5 miles an hour, these babies are nothing to mess with.

1 comment:

FaexLOVE said...

AHAH niiice trip
I love segways! I rode on one at Naples ^-^